The Evo Affinity 30G Cooktop is the perfect solution for outdoor kitchens where the emphasis is on social cooking. Foods can be prepared directly on the cooktop, and either separately or simultaneously, pots and pans may be used as in traditional stove top cooking. The 30G has a 30” (762mm) diameter black oil-seasoned steel (optional ceramic-clad cook surface available) heated underneath by inner and outer gas tube burners. Evo’s technology allows independent heat adjustment across inner and outer cook surface zones for managing a wide range of menu possibilities. Heat is delivered to each burner via separate inner and outer control knobs.
Edge-to-edge even surface temperatures range from 225ºF to 550ºF (121ºC to 288ºC) from the center to the outside edge without the hot spots and temperature problems prone to traditional square griddles. The burner system has a push button electronic ignition system which ignites both burners simultaneously. A stainless steel drip pan completely surrounds the underside of the cook surface catching all food debris. Separate spill over trays that contain and hold drip pan debris are concealed in front doors at right and left side of the control panel. Operating on either Natural Gas or Propane LP Gas, the Affinity 30GCooktop is an ideal solution for creating a social cooking space with any outdoor kitchen.
Circular Flattop Grill
- 30” (762mm) circular oil seasoned steel cooking surface.
- Two temperature zones between inner and outer surface.
- Variable temperatures 225ºF to 550ºF (121ºC to 228ºC).
- With LP Propane gas total of 37,638 BTUs.
- With Natural Gas total of 36,267 BTUs.
- Knobs separately control inner and outer burners.
- Electronic push button ignition.
- Natural Gas or LP Propane gas.
- Optional ceramic-clad cook surface upgrade.
Designed For Custom Outdoor Kitchens
- Install to steel, or combustibles with 3/8” min. clearance.
- Install to end base or right angle counter configurations.
- Circular cook surface and radius control panel opens design possibilities.
- Large stainless steel lid for steaming, roasting, baking and protecting cook surface from outdoor debris.
Easy Operation, Easy Maintenance, Easy Cleanup
- Cooking techniques: sauté, braise, flattop (plancha) grilling, pan fry, roast, poach, steam, toast.
- Cook surface is extremely durable and easy to clean.
- Stainless steel burners are protected against spill overs.
- Stainless steel drip pan surrounds cook surface with forward spillover slots to dual spill collection trays.
- Spill collection trays are conveniently located in front doors at each outward side of control panel.
All Evo Grills Are Shipped With:
- 1 Cook Surface Cleaning Kit – Includes Handle, Pad and Screen
- 2 Stainless Steel Spatulas
- 1 Stainless Steel Cook Surface Scraper
- 1 Stainless Steel Cleaner & Protectant
- 1 Evo Cookbook
Stainless Steel Covers
Designed For Easy Installation of the Affinity 30G Drop-in Cooktop
- Allows drop-in installation of Evo Affinity 30G & 30Ge Cooktop to countertop cutout.
- Provides recommended clearance for combustion.
- 16-gauge and 18-gauge stainless steel construction with #4 brushed finish on outside surfaces.
- Stainless steel cabinet construction for easy cleaning and weather resistance.
- Corners are fully welded, ground smooth and blended.
- Front vent panel.
Island Cart Designed For the Evo Affi nity 30G Drop-in Cooktop
- Cart and countertop constructed of quality black HDPE weatherproof material, welded frame with stainless steel hardware and hinges.
- Island base material will not rot, break or split. Safe for extreme hot or cold climates.
- UV inhibitors in the material help prevent damage from the sun.
- Affinity 30G installed into Oasis Island Cart at factory if ordered together.
- Caster wheels for mobility.
- Two drawers for dry storage and space underneath for gas tank or trash can accessed by a vertical door.
- Back vent panel.
- Cabinet and countertop material easy to clean
The Evo flattop cleans best when warm, so the chef can begin scraping the cook surface before the last portion is even served. You can carefully wipe down the stainless steel surfaces while the cooktop cools down. Clean-up can be done without the need for running water.
Maintenance Is Easy
Keeping your Evo well maintained will ensure that it serves you a long time. And fortunately, it is easy to clean! Below are a few tips on taking care of your Evo Flattop and keeping it presentable and functional.
First – Break the Bad Habit !
Growing up with open flame grills taught you that trying to clean them was futile, so you stopped trying. Evo appliances are different – you can get them remarkably clean with little effort. So don’t fall into the old habit of neglect. If you start the good habit with your new Evo of spending just a few seconds after every cooking to clean up, you will discover it is not only easy but quite beneficial.
Caring For The Cook Surface
Regular cleaning and care for your flattop cooking surface will keep your Evo looking and performing its best. Properly maintained, this cook surface will provide a lifetime of continual service.
The cook surface is designed to hold a fine layer of cooking oil on its surface, referred to as “seasoning” in the culinary world. This oil helps to prevent food from sticking and makes cooking easier. Oils with high smoking points (e.g. grape seed, extra virgin olive oil, canola, soy) work best because they won’t break down as easy during normal cooking cycles. Also, their taste may be neutral or preferred over others.
Evo’s cook surface is much like maintaining fine cast iron cookware. When the surface requires cleaning, there are a few basic cleaning techniques to use. For quick and routine cleaning between preparations, a metal spatula works for removing the majority of surface debris. For tougher areas where sugars or other debris glaze the cook surface, pour a small amount of oil on the soiled surface while the cook surface is warm and scrape the debris away with the surface scraper. Tip for sticky substances: heat the cook-surface to a high temperature and allow the sticky debris to become brittle. Once the debris is brittle, use the scraper to brush it away. Unless you are prepared to re-season your cook surface, you should avoid cleaning the flattop with soap and water (as it will obviously wash away the oil seasoning).
The next step is to maintain the flattop cooking surface with the cleaning kit supplied with your Evo. The cleaning kit contains a professional 3M brand handle, a polishing pad and cleaning screen. While the cook surface is warm, use the polishing pad after you have scraped away the major debris. Place one gray polishing pad between the handle base and the cook surface. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil on the cook surface (targeting rough spots) and scrub the surface in a circular motion. Even do the edges. Add more oil if the surface seems dry. The gray polishing pad allows excess oil to be absorbed. When finished scrubbing, wipe the surface down with a paper towel or cotton terrycloth. After cleaning you will want to oil the cook surface again before cooking. You should be left with a clean, semi-glossy surface that over time will develop a black patina similar to an old style cast iron pan.
You can use the screen to clean really tough applications. Place the screen on the cook surface, with the pad then handle on top. The gray polishing pad helps grip the screen, allows excess oil to be absorbed, and also helps prevent the screen from getting clogged with debris. For griddle cooking you will want the cook surface to be completely free of any debris that might otherwise discolor or impart unwanted flavors. Screens are aggressive tools and should be used carefully, especially with ceramic coated cook surfaces.
Cleaning is easy with a warm cook surface. You can often perform these steps in just a few seconds right after you finish cooking. You’ll be ready then to cook next time with only a few minutes of warm-up!
Cleaning The Drip Pan
The drip pan located just below the cook surface is designed to catch food debris and drippings from the cook surface. You can clear debris during your presentation cooking by simply grabbing a towel with tongs or the edge of the spatula and sweeping the inside of the drip pan. We recommend the final cleaning of the drip pan after your cook top has cooled to prevent the possibility of touching the hot cooking surface. The drip pan is easy to wipe out with soap and water using a kitchen sponge. For added convenience, a removable stainless steel waste container is mounted under the left hand side of the drip pan and can be easily washed by hand or in a dishwasher. Be sure to empty the waste container after every use.
Tip: plan to cook something very fatty, like bacon or duck breasts? Simply place some aluminum foil in the drip pan at the spot of runoff. After cooking, when cooled, fold up and dispose.
Cleaning Stainless Steel
All of the stainless steel components on your Evo can be easily cleaned using warm soap and water with a terry cloth rag. This method is best to remove grease and dirt. To preserve the brilliance of Evo’s stainless steel finish, you can also apply a stainless steel polish. Simply spray it on a dry terry cloth or cotton towel and wipe down previously cleaned surface to produce an attractive luster.
Cover and Protect
Vinyl covers are available for Evo outdoor models. Covering your Evo between use will keep dust and debris from dulling the shine and help prevent scratches that can detract from its appearance.